Friday, January 22, 2010

Every 10 years

Someone once told me that every ten years your life changes. After reflecting on that statement I've decided that I believe that to be true, excepting the first 5 years of life which you can't really remember anyway. From 5-15 I was in my parents world and I pretty much did what they said, for the most part. From 16-25 I was feeling out the world on my "own". I left for college when I was 17, met my first husband when I was 19, moved to Chicago after graduating and got my first real job. From 26-35 I got married, had two children and got a divorce, changing companies but not careers. From 36-44 I had the opportunity to explore the world on my own again being single, enjoying a long distance relationship, beginning a new career chapter as a global sales director traveling all over the world, got married again, had two more children and then found the strength (or was it weakness) to leave my career (but that's a very separate story I've never been ready to discuss), and I opened my online shop. Phew! That last one was a biggee. This is the beginning of my next chapter.

Where do I go and what will I do? I was thinking of that when I came up with the title of this blog. I decided at this age I better be more careful, more thoughtful and watch the decade unfurl. My eldest will be going to college in 7 months, two more are in High School and the littlest littles are still in elementary school. The economy is still in a downturn - or maybe a standstill at this point, it's so hard to tell. The concrete construction industry is in complete turmoil and no one seems to know which way is up. Let the games begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment