Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day Two

I have taught myself how to crochet and how to knit over the years. I've decided I'd like to add beadwork to that and my daughters have decided to join me. Hours were spent today at Studio Beads in Deerfield figuring out how to add clasps to the jewelry we put together the last 24 hours. Peanut is very good, Bear is working on learning how to string. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them. Perhaps we can put some in the shop and see what happens?

Speaking of the shop, the Munchkins corproration is working towards making me change the name of my shop, they state that mamasandmunchkins.com is a trademark violation. I wasn't aware that they sold diaper bags and such but I'm simply a SAHM who does NOT have the money to fight millions of dollars Corporate America with their paid-per-hour lawyers who are looking for companies to put under and out of their google search way. There is absolutely NO way I could have taken any business from them with my tiny shop and NO way anyone would have mistaken me for them. I have to respond to their complaint made to the World Intellectual Property Organization by the 30th and then a mediator will let me know in 14 days what will happen to my name. Fun stuff right? I'll know soon if I'll have to start over on everything my family and I have worked towards in our venture the past couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment