Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beadweaving

I spent the weekend watching the Olympics, celebrating my 7 year olds birthday and BEADWEAVING. Sound like fun? It is! I originally thought I'd stick to bead stringing and bead crochet but I've had a lot of fun experimenting with some new beadweaving patterns like Right Angle Weave, which I learned first:
This one uses black onyx beads and a magnetic clasp, I like these for ease of putting on and taking off.
 
These beads are crazy horse stone. I love the color variations as well as how cool the stones feel on my skin. 
I also played around a bit with Saint Petersburg stitch

 
oops, that middle one is right angle weave with fire polish beads. This is a closer view:

 

I really need to learn Peyote as it's used in a lot of gorgeous work that I've seen. Beads are addictive, there are so many ways to use them. I made a right angle weave bracelet with jade beads and my daughter gave it to her friend for her Sweet 16, I wish I took a picture... More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment